On January 31, 2023, within the framework of the ECOSOC Partnership Forum, the United Nations Russian Association held an online event on the topic “NGO partnerships and sustainable development projects: the impact of the pandemic and new realities”.
The purpose of the event is to promote the participation and involvement of Russian non-governmental organizations in processes related to the exchange of promising sustainable practices and best practices, accelerating progress in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and overcoming the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Questions were considered:
- the role and responsibilities of civil society, in particular non-governmental organizations, in achieving the SDGs;
- progress and problems in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda, including those arising at the regional, national and local levels;
- promising sustainable practices implemented by NGOs;
- partnership practices between civil society organizations, as well as with international organizations, including the United Nations;
- interaction of NGOs with business, implementation of joint socially significant projects.
As a result of the Forum, an analytical summary will be prepared, which will serve as an input to the July 2023 HLPF and the 2023 SDG Summit.
A.I. Ageev delivered a message at the event.