Over its long history, the International Research Institute for Advanced Systems has implemented a number of large-scale projects designed to expand existing knowledge in science and solve existing problems in various fields.
- Project “Transition from a centralized to a market economy”.
- The project “New information technologies in management”. As part of this project, work was carried out on projects:
- “The study of multicriteria and gaming problems with uncertainty”.
- “Expanding the capabilities of computer facilities in management systems”.
- “The use of computer facilities in the design of production systems and computer integrated production”.
- “Development of biomolecular computing information-logical devices for solving high-computational complexity problems”.
- “Development of geographic information systems (GIS) assessment of natural resources.”
- “Mathematical methods for analyzing complex systems: geometric methods for investigating extremal problems”.
- “Development of the theory of feedback: the inverse problem of nonlinear dynamics of controlled systems”.
- The project “Technology – economy – society: alternative development strategies”.
During the creation and development of the Internet, the need to implement large-scale projects related to the introduction of information technologies in management processes by the IRIAS member countries has increased. A significant proportion of such projects are high-tech multidisciplinary projects in the field of high technologies, performed in the interests of the world’s leading IT companies and based on the unique capabilities of experts from the countries participating in the IRIAS.
A large amount of analytical work was carried out within the framework of projects that examine the evolution of management in the XXI century at the state, municipal and corporate levels.
The Institute carried out numerous projects in the field of information technologies for leading international companies occupying leading positions in the field of information technology: Hewlett Packard, Siemens, AIRBUS, MTV and others.
In terms of its scale and complexity, ASOM PA has no analogues in Russia and allows for the continuous exchange of information on the planning and execution of flights in real time. The system relieves the dispatchers of a large number of routine operations performed manually, gives more time for decision making, directly affects the safety level. According to Vladimir Antonov, First Deputy general director for production activities of Aeroflot-Russian Airlines, “ASOM PA meets the latest technical standards. It allows us to serve aircrafts faster and better, plan and manage flight production in a complex manner, which is of no small importance for a company with a wide geography of routes and a large fleet of aircraft”.
The Institute actively participated in the international project «OASIS», whose goal was to create a prototype of a pan-European system for managing crisis situations. Within the framework of this project, IRIAS developed an analytical subsystem, including knowledge management systems and decision support systems, expert systems, modeling systems, data analysis systems. The project was carried out in the interests of the European Union.
According to the project “Problems of management of large socio-economic systems”, research was conducted in four main areas:
- monitoring of the current state of the Russian economy, preparation of quarterly analytical reviews;
- monitoring of the situation in the metal market;
studying the experience of economic reforms in Latin America: lessons for Russia;
- structural analysis of economic reforms in Russia in 1991-2006: a statistical approach.
development of a cubic model of the organizational structure of the enterprise, association;
development of a model, the principles for creating and expanding the activities of the Center for active development of the enterprise, financial responsibility centers;
development of strategic management methods of an enterprise, associations: a strategic formula for development, a strategic program based on balanced performance indicators;
development of a system and methods of active, aggressive marketing, monitoring and mastering of best management practices;
formation, justification and elaboration of the main directions (key innovations) of enterprise development, association.
Research continued on the project “Analysis and synthesis of global management experience at the state, subnational (republican and regional) and local levels of government”.
The research conducted on the project “Problems of managing the enterprises of the fuel and energy complex and the extractive industry” in the 2000s was aimed at finding new legal, managerial and political mechanisms for the formation of a unified energy space on the territory of Eurasia and creating a favorable legal regime for its participants subject to ensuring their energy and environmental safety.
Within the framework of the direction “New information technologies in management”, the following projects were implemented in the interests of AIRBUS in these years:
- “Calculation of pressure fields and gaps for two plates with an interlayer of sealant, connected by temporary fasteners (ASRP 2)”;
- “Research and development of processes of chromium-free anodizing of sheets from alloy 2024”;
- “Investigation of the release of air in fuel systems”;
- “Fast aerodynamic calculation of the layout of a passenger aircraft”;
- “Aeroacoustics of large-scale structures when they are excited by plasma microstrains (corona discharge)”;
- “Investigation of the mechanisms of noise generation in a subsonic jet”;
- “Quick calculation of the aerodynamic characteristics of the layout of passenger aircraft” (QAD-PAL) “.
For Hewlett Packard, the project “Methods for automatic detection and response against Internet worms” was implemented. The aim of the project was to develop effective methods of automatic detection and response, which are applicable for the design of network switches (switches).
The implementation of projects for JSC Aeroflot continued: “The concept of creating a comprehensive automated production management system” and “Integration of existing information systems into a single information space”. One of the largest projects launched in 2006 was the development and implementation of the operational mechanisms for the interaction of more than 10 operating systems of JSC “Aeroflot”, operational data storage and also ASOM PA of the first stage. At the same time, as a platform for information interaction, the corporate application integration system introduced in JSC Aeroflot should be used.
For EADS, the project “Development of a software integrator and hardware-software complexes for software development” was developed.