On 4 – 8 December 2017, the International Youth Forum “Future of Eurasian and European Integration: Foresight-2040” have been held in Vienna – Laxenburg. The event was co-organized by the Institute for Economic Strategies (INES) of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia, and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Laxenburg, Austria. The Forum was the youth initiative of INES and thanks to cooperation with the IIASA it was included as part of a huge international program “Challenges and Opportunities of a Wider European and Eurasian Economic Space” with the financial support of the Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund, IIASA and INES.
The aim of the Forum was to motivate talented young thinking people from different countries to show the initiative in predictive search for new senses and to model the vision of the Future of Eurasian and European integration at the turn of – 2040, as well as in the long run professionally and responsibly take on building a better Future on the Eurasian continent.
Co-organizers of the Forum:
- International Research Institute for Advanced Systems
- Russian Agency for the Development of the Information Society;
- Center for Eurasian Studies, Russia;
- National Center for Technical Information, Russia;
- International University Institute of European Studies, Italy;
- Non-commercial partnership “Global Partner Network”
- Foundation and social network “Globethics.net”, Switzerland;
- Journal “Economic strategies”, Russia;
- International Academy for Future Studies (IFRA);
- International Futures Research Academy